The sky's the limit

Friday, January 10, 2014

28




I was born on January 11th, 1986. 
This feels like the start of autobiography books. Mainly the crappy ones.

Time of birth: around 9 am. I do not have such a detailed hour, and I never understood how can people know the exact minute... know if they were born at 8:59 or 9:01. Too much accuracy for such a natural process that is not bound by time as we define it.

I will be 28. How do I feel about it? Absolutely nothing. Tonight at midnight I will be alone, in bed, and to be honest, hopefully sleeping already, to avoid realizing that 28 years after your birth, you are alone in the dark, thinking of your childhood birthdays and how your parents surrounded you with love and happiness.

To be honest, it is the day when you think about the past and try to make an inventory of what you have done so far, your so-called achievements. It is therefore the day when you realize that the picture is definitely not as pink as you have been showing on Facebook or to your friends. It is gloomy. You have your degree, your great job, your apartment, your TV, smart phone or whatever. So what? What about happiness, peace of mind, fulfillment, gratitude...? 
How much does it cost? Can I buy it with my MasterCard?

I will be 29 in a year. Then 30. Then maybe 40.
Then it will be the end someday. I hope that by then, I will be able to look back and say : I had a happy enriching life, filled with loved ones and laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment