The sky's the limit

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

My faithful companion







Fear is my daily companion, the sort of companions that you would like to get rid of but that you simply cannot. It is the only companion I've had for years, I do not know any one else. Knowing it might be a wrong way of saying things... What is fear after all? 
I've looked it up in Google, and it says "An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat." 


An unpleasant emotion, it says... caused by a feeling of danger. Maybe. I fear the future as much as I desire it. I remember when I was a kid, I used to imagine myself having the chance to take a brief glance at my future, just to know what to expect, and, of course I've never had the chance to. It is a sort of "spoiler alert", but wouldn't it be fascinating? Wouldn't we be happier knowing what we will get and just going towards it steadily and surely?


Darkness is covering it all, and sometimes all hope runs away... It sounds a bit gothic, but don't we all have a bit of it in us? I never know how to deal with uncertainty, I do not know how to loose, it burns, and yet I cannot always win. I sometimes feel like laying down and stay there, and leave it to destiny to decide, to worry, to fear for what is going to happen... Let it finally do its job.

No comments:

Post a Comment