The sky's the limit

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Facebook pain!




I was checking out Mashable this morning and I found that article on why people should delete their Facebook account. One of the reasons was low self-esteem. And this is what it said:

"One study shows that Facebook users (especially females) feel more body conscious by looking at friends' online photos. More than half of the 600 study participants said that looking at others' online albums left them wishing for the same body or weight as the person pictured -- creating more negative feelings than a fashion magazine might stir up."

With a heavy heart, I have to agree with this. Not necessarily linked to the body aspect, but it is more linked to the feeling of happiness. We always feel that the grass is greener elsewhere, especially for this generation. Of course, my thinking would be that it's heavily influenced by social media, Facebooks of this world, Instagram and so on. It always feels like others are living "the" life, are happy... or happier. It always feels like they are more beautiful, more accomplished, happier in their couples, and sexier (bimbo attitude and so on). And it does make me feel more miserable, as I don't see my life as pink as I think others' have.

No comments:

Post a Comment